It is no secret that one of the best ways to earn money online is through affiliate programs. There are tons of affiliate programs available today, but what not a lot of people know is that one of the most lucrative kind of affiliate programs is health affiliate programs.
What are health affiliate programs?
Health affiliate programs are working relationships between a source of health products and their affiliates who promote or drive attention to such products.
How do health affiliate programs work?
Similar to other forms of affiliate programs, health affiliate programs work in a way that affiliates earn commissions by driving sales for a certain health product or service. Affiliates can gain commission by doing subtle or indirect selling such as:
- Putting up ads in their blogs or websites
- Doing product reviews with click back links
- Putting links in YouTube videos
- Writing about health related topics such as health concerns, treatments etc. and providing links leading to health affiliate programs
The most common kinds of products in health affiliate programs include:
- Herbal medicines
- Skincare products
- Wellness drinks
Why are health affiliate programs a great way to earn cash?
Health and wellness is a really big industry for the simple reason that people want to do their best to stay in good health and live well. No one wants to get sick so the logical thing to do is to prevent sickness or stop it in its tracks and more than a handful of times, people look beyond medicines to get their health fix.
This is especially true for those who have tried and failed at certain aspects of wellness. Take for example, those who have always wanted to lose weight or need to lose weight fast, they do not automatically go to the doctor to get a gastric bypass – they try all ways possible from laxatives, to teas, to supplements. And this is where health affiliate programs come in.
Being a part of a health affiliate program does not mean you scam people into buying things they don’t need. The basic premise is that affiliates share their experiences and give recommendations on which products have worked for them that people might want to try.
What to look for in health affiliate programs?
If you are interested in the niche of health then maybe being a part of a health affiliate program will give you a major financial boost. But before signing up for every health affiliate program you can find, it is best to have certain standards too.
- Is the company legitimate?
- How many years has the company been around?
- Are the products or services considered safe? Will you be willing to try them yourself?
- Is there a wide range of health products that you can work on?
- Is the target market for the products something that you are familiar with?
- How much is the commission rate for affiliates?
- What do other people say about the products? Will they be easy or hard to sell?
- What do others say about the particular health affiliate programs?