What is coq10?
Coq 10 is a type of natural occurring substance which is really similar to a vitamin. It is found inside the cells of all human beings and in many plants even. Animal cells also have traces of coenzyme q10. This co enzyme is produced by the body of every human and used up by the cells of our body. This has a really vital role to play in our life without which our life would not have been possible. The cells use this coenzyme to produce energy for various biological reactions and other requirements of our body especially in digestion of foods. It is a type of antioxidant which is also fat soluble. The coq10 fights against the radicals which are oxygen free and can damage various components of cells in our body. Is forms an integral component of the mitochondrial chain of respiration which is responsible for the energy produced in our body.
Requirement of coq10
As it is said each part of the machinery is important to run the machine smoothly same implies with the body of humans. Each and every component is necessary to run the body smoothly and proper functioning of it. Coq10 is an important co enzyme which has various functions to do inside human body. Some of the functions and requirement of coq10 in our body are mentioned below:
- Digestion: coq10 enzyme is required to break down the food molecules and helps in digestion of foods. It is also present in some foods particularly more in quantity in organ meats which comprises of liver, kidney and heart. It is also present in beef,peanuts, soy oil and sardines.
- Protects from radicals and harmful molecules: this co enzyme is able to fight against some of the harmful molecules as well as radicals which are oxygen free and can harm the body and growth of cells and functioning. The harmful molecules cause damage to the body components which is protected by coq10.
- Regulation of genes: the co enzyme coq 10 is known for regulating the genes in our body which are in turn greatly responsible for the production of energy in our body. If the co enzyme coq10 is not sufficient in our body the body will not be able to work properly and the person will feel tired really soon.
- Proper functioning: the co enzyme coq10 is responsible for the proper functioning of various organs of our body. The concentration of this enzyme is the highest in body parts such as our brain, muscles and most importantly heart. The oxygen consumption in these parts is the highest and a lack of coq10 can result in serious circumstances.
- Production of energy and protection of cells: the coq 10 co enzyme is also responsible for the production of energy in our body. It is present in cells of the body which produces energy and it also protects the cells from harmful molecules and implies proper growth of cells and functioning of body.
There are many things more apart from the above mentioned functions and the need of co enzyme coq10